Bradley W. Jacks
Brad Jacks, senior counsel, concentrates his practice on professional malpractice (primarily attorneys, but other professionals as well), business and commercial litigation, personal injury and product liability litigation (including catastrophic injury and wrongful death cases), malicious prosecution, partnership disputes and insurance coverage/ bad faith litigation.
Mr. Jacks, who joined Parker Mills LLP in 2018, has over 35 years of legal experience, including serving as lead counsel in more than 350 complex actions involving attorney professional liability. He has substantial trial experience. (See, e.g., the matter of Joseph B. Sciortino v Wilkinson & Wilkinson, San Bernardino County Superior Court Case Number RCV090321.)
Mr. Jacks is a recognized expert on California’s “Anti-SLAPP” statute, having prevailed on numerous Anti-SLAPP motions. He also has substantial appellate experience, having briefed and argued numerous cases in the Courts of Appeal. Mr. Jacks was defense counsel in the current leading published California Court of Appeal opinion on the issue of causation in attorney malpractice actions. (Kumeraperu v Feldsted (2015) 237 Cal.App. 4th 60.) Mr. Jacks regularly speaks at professional educational events.
Prior to joining Parker Mills LLP, Mr. Jacks was a partner in several prominent Los Angeles law firms: Charlston, Revich & Williams LLP (partner), Williams, Smyth & Jacks LLP (founding partner) and Jacks & Maybaum LLP (founding partner).
Mr. Jacks is an avid and expert scuba diver, having over the years visited many of the world’s great dive destinations.
- State Bar of California, 1986
- State Bar of Illinois, 1983
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit, 1986
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit, 1983
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California, 1986
- U. S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 1983
- University of Minnesota Law School 1983 J.D. (Appellate Advocacy Instructor, 1982-1983)
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1979 B.A. (Phi Beta Kappa)